CRA and COVID-19: Benefit amounts on your T4A slip

T4A slips for 2020 tax year

If you received any of the COVID-19 emergency or recovery benefits, you will get a T4A slip from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Quebec residents will get both a T4A and RL-1 slip.

The CRA will provide T4A slips starting in January 2021. You should receive your T4A slip before March 10, 2021.

The COVID-19 benefit payment amounts from your T4A slip must be reported as income on your 2020 income tax and benefit return.

You did not receive a T4A slip

If you received benefit payments and did not get a T4A slip before March 10, 2021, you may get your T4A information from CRA My Account or by contacting the CRA.

If you applied for a COVID-19 benefit with Service Canada, you will receive a T4E slip instead of a T4A slip. For more information go to Employment Insurance tax slips (T4Es) and itemized statements.

Issues with your T4A slip

Call the CRA right away if:

  • Your T4A slip does not show the correct amounts
  • You did not apply for a COVID-19 benefit, but received a T4A slip

Telephone number: 1-800-959-8281

Reporting T4A amounts on your tax return

You will need to enter the COVID-19 benefit amounts from your T4A slip on line 13000 of your 2020 income tax and benefit return.

Remember to keep all your tax documents for at least 6 years.


Scroll to Top